Finding a Home
St Neot as a village has had a football team in sporadic periods since the early 1920’s. There has been a continual struggle to find and keep hold of a piece of land that would be suitable for the provision of sports, especially football, which has contributed to the constant reformation of teams
and the villages inability to retain and generate continued interest in a club.
Goonzion has always been the historical home of a St. Neot Football team. There has been precedent of teams playing on Goonzion Downs since 1920’s. It appears the pitch may have flitted from field to field around the Crowpound area.
In 1949 the parish council ‘was gifted’ 17 acres of land for recreational use by Mr P R Blamey. We believe this area is still marked out and bounded by a raised area when work was undertaken.